This cowl is knitted in the round, from side to side, with a provisional cast-on then grafted to the last stitches to join it in a round. It features different kind of cable over knits and purls, creating an oriental pattern.
GAUGE 4’’ / 10 cm = 18 stitches X 16 rows in pattern
FINISHED DIMENSIONS Circumference 24 inches / 61 cm (adjustable) Lenght 8 inches / 20 cm
A tutorial about grafting in pattern can be found over at my blog : http://soleneknits.blogspot.fr/2016/02/grafting-in-pattern-photo-tutorial.html
- Fully detailed written instructions
- A complete chart on top of written instructions
- Tips on grafting in pattern
Materials you need at home:
- 200 grams = 300 yards / 270 meters 2 skeins of Malabrigo Twist or equivalent Aran yarn
- Scrap yarn (for provisional cast-on)
- US 9 / 5.5 mm circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge
- A cable needle
- A stitch marker
- Tapestry needle (for grafting)
Solène Le Roux
My name is Solène, I live in Paris and I’ve been designing knitwear for over two years. I self-publish throug Ravelry and Makerist and I have three design to be published in third-party publications (Knit Picks, Knit Now and Holla Knits).
Crafts are for me a family tradition. My grandmother was a profesional dressmaker and I spent my childhood playing with spools of thread and fabric. My mother is more a knitter, and she is the one who taught me how to knit when I was a kid.