Introducing my Cottage Tablet Cosy knitting pattern. This has a knitted outer and lining to give extra protection. The doors and windows are embroidered on the case after knitting using Swiss Darning, so you can follow my design or customise your cosy if you wish. The case is 26 cm tall and 19.5 cm wide. The pattern includes charts for the decoration. The case is worked in the round on a circular needle, or you can use a set of DPNs. The straps are worked flat on straight single pointed needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and kitchener stitch grafting.
- Instructions for making the case.
- Charts to show the position of the door and windows.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A 4mm circular knitting needle 30cm long (US 6)
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- DK (double knitting or light worsted weight yarns)
- Buttons to decorate
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.