The unmistakeable cricketer's sweater with its cables and stripy neckband make this tea cosy stand out as the cricketer. The sweater is made from double thickness yarn to keep the teapot lovely and hot and the cables add to the chunky feeling and warmth of the tea cosy. The neckband on the sweater can be personalised to the colours of your favourite cricket club. The Cricketer tea cosy also comes with a cap which is removable. After a good cricket match a cup of hot tea is always in order, weather you're a player or a spectator, and cricket lovers will be bowled over by this fantastic tea cosy.
Because cold tea just isn't cricket!
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 50g cream Double knitting wool,
- 20g tan double knitting wool,
- 20g black double knitting wool,
- 10g flesh tone double knitting wool,
- Small amounts of navy blue and light blue double knitting wool.
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.