This wise little owl is knitted in soft and cuddly alpaca yarns. The pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work for the tummy and eyes. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the owl is knitted in DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the owl and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- 8.5cm tall
Materials you need at home:
- Single pointed 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarns (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.