The Crinoline Lady Tea Cosy was inspired by a love of history and period dramas. I just love the Jane Austen or Catherine Cookson dramatisations and the beautiful costumes, and the crinoline dress is the perfect shape to make into a tea cosy.
The tea cosy is knitted with double thickness yarn to keep the teapot and the tea really hot.
The tea cosy can also be made into a crinoline lady doll and the pattern includes legs and bloomers to make the conversion from tea cosy to toy. Toy Dimensions Height 32cm, Width 23cm - Please note that the dolls clothes are not removeable.
The crinoline lady tea cosy fits a medium sized tea pot that covers a Teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints.
The pattern will be available for digital download as soon as you have completed purchase, so you could start knitting her, very soon!
This product is the knitting pattern only to make your own crinoline lady tea cosy.
- made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
- Includes instruction to convert the tea cosy into a dolly
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 90g Stylecraft Special DK claret,
- 22g Stylecraft Special DK saffron,
- 15g Hayfield Bonus DK flesh tone,
- 8g Stylecraft Special DK dark brown,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.