Crochet bag, Rose bag, Pattern No15, in both UK and US crochet terms
*** Pattern No 15 Rose Bag ***
This is a crochet pattern for a beautiful rose girls handbag.
It's an ideal bag for everyday wear made in multiple colours with a long strap (great way to use up some yarn leftovers!). It also works perfectly for that extra special occasion - flower girl or first holy communion, made in pure white with pearl beads on a short handle and in the centre of the rose.
These are also great bags to make for fundraising events and fetes, as they are quick to make and look great hanging up behind a stall!!
Each bag measures approx 5in/12.7cm across with a 39in/99cm long strap or 12in/30cm short strap, and a loop that closes the bag over a button on the reverse of the bag. I've designed this bag so that it does not need a separate material lining.
Please feel free to sell the items you make from this pattern but please do NOT sell, distribute or reproduce this pattern in anyway. I would also appreciate you crediting my little shop when you sell the finished items :-). Thank you for your respect.
My patterns are written in both UK/European and US/American crochet terms in two separate files. The PDF file attached to this listing is written in UK/European terms. The zip file attached to this listing contains both the UK/European file and the US/American file. (If you are unsure which one to use, the UK/European file uses terms like htr=half treble and the US/American file uses terms like sc=single crochet and hdc=half double crochet. Hope this helps!)
Thanks for stopping by! R♥
- Written Crochet Pattern with photo tutorial
- Difficulty level Advanced Beginner
- Both UK/European and US/American Crochet Terms
- One size pattern
Materials you need at home:
- Cotton DK Classique by Stylecraft or any 100% cotton yarn in DK weight (US Dk/Light Worsted, AUS 8ply) in the following quantities Main Colour 32g/1.129oz, Col 1 6g/.212oz, Col 2 3g/.106oz, or for a single colour bag 41g/1.447oz.
- 3.50mm (E/4) crochet hook
- 1 Button ¾ins/1.9cm diameter
- For all-white bag, white pearl beads (with large holes if possible) 27 beads with diameter 6mm/.236in and 9 beads with diameter 12mm/.472in
- Yarn Needle
Avondale Patterns by Ruth Teskey
I ♥ Crochet!!!
I love all things crafty - knitting, sewing, lacemaking, embroidery, but my true passion is crochet. I was taught to crochet by a wonderful lady and I feel so lucky to be able to pass that knowledge on to others, in my classes and through my written patterns.
I hope you like my little designs. Happy Crocheting! R♥