Crochet Scarf Pattern PDF (Easy Strapping Striped Man Scarf)
This scarf is done in hdc’s worked into various combinations of front loops and back loops.
Width: 9.5” Length: 62”
- Detailed written instructions - standard US English crochet terminology
- Numerous how-to-photos
- Suitable for a BEGINNER crocheter
Materials you need at home:
- This scarf was made using LION BRAND JEANS 100% acrylic yarn, weight: MEDIUM 4 (3.5 oz / 100 g / 246 yd / 225 m).
- LION BRAND JEANS, Color: STONE WASH x 1
- LION BRAND JEANS, Color: TOP STITCH x 1
- LION BRAND JEANS, Color: BRAND NEW x 1
- Size M/13/9.00 mm crochet hook – or hook size needed to obtain gauge
- Size N/10 mm crochet hook (for base chain) – or hook one size larger than hook size needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
Sonja Hood (KnotYourselfOut)
I absolutely love to crochet! My mother taught me how when I was five years old, and it occupied a lot of my childhood.
It was during my time living in Bulgaria, as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer, that I first began to dream about writing and publishing my own crochet patterns.
As the years passed, work became my main focus, but I continued to dream about becoming a crochet designer and I collected inspiration from the many different places I was working in and traveling to: Bulgaria, Boston, Germany, Canada, Ireland (to name a few).
It was the birth of my son, ultimately, that finally gave me the opportunity to realize my dream. When my son was a baby, I wrote and published two crochet books (Painted Jute Rugs, Annie’s Attic, 2010 & Elegant Beaded Bags, Leisure Arts, 2013).
When my son began school my focus shifted to selling patterns online. I have been having the absolute time of my life -- crocheting, imagining crochet, writing about crochet, and engaging with many amazing crochet-lovers in online communities!
Home is now Toronto in Canada.
Thanks for reading my profile. I hope you will find a design in my shop that inspires you (the way it did me) to stitch up something beautiful.
Sonja Hood (Crochet Designer & Author)