Crochet Tote Bag Pattern PDF (Crochet Boho Bag Beauty)
This bag is crocheted with two strands of yarn together, so it really keeps its shape!
The bag's body utilizes various combinations of single crochet stitches, half double crochet stitches and double crochet stitches, as well as dc increases, to achieve the body’s crescent shape.
Puff stitches are used as trim and also to create the bag straps. How to make a puff stitch is described in detail and includes numerous photos.
This bag is not lined.
Width (at widest points): 16.5” across Height: 12.5”; with strap: 26”
- Detailed written instructions - standard US English crochet terminology
- Numerous how-to-photos
- Suitable for an INTERMEDIATE crocheter
Materials you need at home:
- This bag was made using BERNAT Handicrafter Cotton 100% cotton yarn, (1.75 oz / 50 g / 80 yd / 73 m) (TWO STRANDS of yarn CROCHETED TOGETHER)
- BERNAT Handicrafter Cotton, color: OVERCAST x 10
- Size M/13/9.00 mm crochet hook – or hook size needed to obtain gauge
- Size N/10 mm crochet hook (for base chain) – or hook one size larger than hook size needed to obtain gauge
- 6” x 4” piece of cardboard (for optional tassel)
Sonja Hood (KnotYourselfOut)
I absolutely love to crochet! My mother taught me how when I was five years old, and it occupied a lot of my childhood.
It was during my time living in Bulgaria, as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer, that I first began to dream about writing and publishing my own crochet patterns.
As the years passed, work became my main focus, but I continued to dream about becoming a crochet designer and I collected inspiration from the many different places I was working in and traveling to: Bulgaria, Boston, Germany, Canada, Ireland (to name a few).
It was the birth of my son, ultimately, that finally gave me the opportunity to realize my dream. When my son was a baby, I wrote and published two crochet books (Painted Jute Rugs, Annie’s Attic, 2010 & Elegant Beaded Bags, Leisure Arts, 2013).
When my son began school my focus shifted to selling patterns online. I have been having the absolute time of my life -- crocheting, imagining crochet, writing about crochet, and engaging with many amazing crochet-lovers in online communities!
Home is now Toronto in Canada.
Thanks for reading my profile. I hope you will find a design in my shop that inspires you (the way it did me) to stitch up something beautiful.
Sonja Hood (Crochet Designer & Author)