This stylish saddlebag meets your needs for an everyday life for a casual day or night out. You can showcase your favourite fabrics with leather on this bag. A colouring page with this bag outline is included in this pattern package, so you can play around with it before you pick fabrics for your bag. It has a gusseted pocket at the front, closed with flap and fully lined, with an inner zipper pocket and slip pockets.
approximately 12" (30.5cm) wide, 10" (25.4cm) tall, 3" (7.6cm) deep bottom with 61'' (155cm) adjustable strap
Sewing Level and Contents ~~~~~~~
The instructions for this pattern are written for confident beginners but the project is intermediate level. The pattern includes step by step photos with detailed instructions to show you how to make it and the full size pattern pieces.
Reviews from testers ~~~~~~~
Loved making this front pocket !! so much easier than it looks ! Charlotte Salvi-Ganichaud from Les envies de Charlotte
This is a wonderful pattern. The front pocket gives it a designer look. And the size is perfect for your basics. I can't wait to make another. Linda Myra DeRyder from MyCreativeBranch
My first Saddle Bag beginner version. I'm a newbie but the pattern was well written and had pictures to make it doable for me. It was a learning experience as well. Linda Hamilton
Copyright © 2017 DesignBlanche - http://www.designblanche.com - all rights reserved. Please do NOT copy, redistribute, sell, share any part of this pattern or allow others to use it. It is for one person use only. You may sell your finished items made from DesignBlanche patterns in limited quantities only. Sale items must be handmade by you, mass production or factory manufacture is prohibited with this one purchase. You must have purchased the pattern, or have been gifted by me not by others, to sell your handmade items made with a DesignBlanche pattern. If someone is interested in a DesignBlanche Pattern, then please direct them to my shop so they can purchase a copy for themselves. Please credit ‘DesignBlanche Patterns’ in item descriptions. Do not pass it off as your own design. A link to my shop would be appreciated.
Thanks for looking.
- Full Size Pattern Pieces
- Pattern Printable on Letter or A4 paper
- Written for Confident Beginners
- Intermediate Level Project • Step by Step Detailed Instructions
- Coloured Photos & Diagrams
Materials you need at home:
- 1 yard (1m) 44” wide exterior fabric or faux leather
- 1 yard (1m) 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 30”(76cm) 36” wide ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable Foam or equivalent
- 1 yard (1m) 20” wide woven fusible interfacing: Pellon SF101
- 2”x1.5” (5x3.8cm) heavy weight interfacing for magnetic snap reinforcement
- 8” (20.32cm) zipper for the inner zipper pocket
- 2 of 1” D-Rings (inner width 20mm or 3/4”)
- 2 of 1” Swivel Snap Hooks (internal base width 20mm or 3/4")
- 1” Tri-Slide Ring (inner width 20mm or 3/4”): for the adjustable strap
- a magnetic snap (14mm diameter)
- 2 set of 9 mm Double capped rivets for the strap (optional)
- 1” width 80” (203cm) bias tape from your chosen fabric for piping (optional)
- 3/32” (2.5mm) size 80” (203cm) long cotton cording for piping (optional)
- General sewing supplies
Welcome to DesignBlanche. I am DesinBlanche designer Catherine. I love design & art and enjoy making something beautiful & functional. Once I started making a bag in a quilting class about 20 years ago, I was hooked. Since then I have come this far. This is my creative outlet and helps me relax and relieve stress. It's such a satisfying activity as a middle aged woman :)
Like and follow DesignBlanche on Facebook and Instagram, and tag your creations with #designblanche @designblanche.