- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the adventurous beginner
- Links to tutorials by the designer for techniques used
- Gauge for the sample scarf measured after blocking: 10 sts and 4 rows in lace pattern = 6.4 cm (2.5 inches) wide and 11.8 cm (4.7 inches) tall.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
The Crystal Palace scarf was inspired by the characteristic glass and cast iron facade of the building designed for the Great Exhibition of 1851 in London, with the same name. Crystal Palace is written for the size as pictured. However, the width and length are easily adjusted for further customization, including those following the usage of weights of yarn other than fingering-weight.
The instructions are both charted and written out. This pattern is written using American English crochet terminology.
Sizes and finished measurements: One size – measurements after blocking: 31 cm (12.2 inches) wide and 190 cm (74.8 inches) long, excluding fringe.
Difficulty level: Stitches used in this pattern: chain, double crochet, treble crochet, triple treble crochet, and slip stitches. This pattern is suitable for the adventurous beginner.