A striking "horned" hat that is fun to knit and to wear, Cubbed is sure to turn heads.
Skills required : Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on, specialist cast-off
Gauge: 24 sts x 38 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.25mm needles over St.St. 24 sts x 36 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.25mm needles over stitch pattern 24 sts x 46 rows to 4in/10cm on 3mm needles over Garter stitch
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 17 (19, 21, 23) in/43.25 (48.25, 53.25, 58.5) cm
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Provisional cast-on & 3-needle bind-off
Materials you need at home:
- 100 (135, 167, 215) yd/92 (124, 154, 198) m sport or light DK weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in Malabrigo Arroyo (335yd/306m/100g; 100% Merino))
- 40yd/37m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St
- Set 3mm/UK11/US2½ & 3.25mm/UK10/US3 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Approx 3yd/3m waste yarn
- 3.25mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.