Curvaceous Clutch- round framed clutch purse sewing pattern
The Curvaceous Clutch is a unique sewing pattern for creating a framed clutch in a round frame. This pattern is simple to put together and comes with several variations. You can create it from luxurious silks and satins for an evening clutch, or use a beautiful patterned cotton for a more casual look. You can make it in three sizes, 6", 8", or 9" (15cm, 20cm, 23cm). This pattern is best for confident beginners and up. Diagrams and a photo tutorial are included.
DIMENSIONS: Small: 8.5" long, 5" tall, 3" wide (21.5 cm x 12.5 x 7.5) Medium: 10.5" long, 6.5" tall, 4.5" wide (26.7 cm x 16.5cm x 11.4cm) Large: 11" long x 7.5" tall x 5.0" wide (28 cm x 19cm x 12.7cm)
MATERIALS REQUIRED: - Exterior fabric, interior fabric - Fusible Fleece interfacing - Woven fusible interfacing - Medium-weight sew-in interfacing - Foam interfacing - (1) half-round purse frame, 6", 8", or 9" (15cm, 20cm, or 23cm)
WHERE DO I BUY THESE FRAMES? My blog gives a detailed list of online sources of these frames around the world: http://www.toriska.com/blog/2016/7/22/where-to-buy-frames-for-the-flourish-and-curvaceous-patterns
You can use a sew-in or glue-in frame. The pattern includes instructions for both.
The pattern includes suggestions on altering the pattern to fit a round frame that doesn't quite match the suggested sizes. The pattern provides alternate interfacing suggestions.
This pattern includes 19 pages of instructions, with detailed diagrams and a photo tutorial. There are 11 pages of the printable pattern. Pattern instructions are given in both inches and centimeters. This can be printed on Letter or A4 paper.
YES! You may sell items made from this pattern. No, you may not distribute the actual pattern, I own it, copyright 2015, All Rights Reserved.
- an easy framed purse sewing pattern for confident beginners
- includes instructions for both sew-in and glue-in frames
- three sizes and three styles
- measurements in both inches and centimeters
- prints on A4 or Letter size
Materials you need at home:
- Exterior fabric Between 15” x 11” (38cm x 28cm) and 20” x 28” (51cm x 71cm) depending on size and style
- Interior fabric Between 15” x 11” (38cm x 28cm) and 20” x 14” (51cm x 35.5 cm)
- Frame 6", 8" or 9" (15, 20, 23 cm)
- Woven fusible interfacing 2/3 yd (.67 m) - 1 yd (1 m)
- Fusible fleece interfacing (opt) 1/4 yd (.25 m) - 1/2 yd (.5 m)
- Medium weight sew-in interfacing 1/4 yd (.25 m) - 1/2 yd (.5 m)
- foam interfacing 14” x 10” (35.5cm x, 25.5) - 18” x 13.5” (46cm x, 35.5cm)
- free arm sewing machine
- Either glue, such as E-6000, Goop, Gutermans, or heavy duty thread and needle
- Flexible measuring tape
I'm Tori of Toriska Bags. I sell both handmade clutch purses and PDF sewing patterns. When I'm not sewing purses I am sewing clothes for myself and my four children or reading a book.