Cyril the Skunk
Introducing my Cyril the Skunk knitting pattern. Cyril is 17 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. This pattern incorporates intarsia colour-work to make the head and body and kitchener stitch grafting to finish the arms and legs. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the skunk and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- DK fluffy eyelash yarns for the tail
- Buttons for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.