Daisy Dress - simple to sew summer dress pdf pattern
Cath, my neighbour, tells me that back in the 70's she would go shopping for a pattern and fabric on Saturday morning, sew it up in the afternoon and wear it out that night. We love that idea!
In search of a dress to make in a single crafternoon? Clothesline presents - the Daisy Dress. Sewn from just one downloadable pattern piece, there's no zips or darts to slow you down.
We've used the fastest and simplest sewing techniques we know. Hope you enjoy a little instant sewing gratification!
- Multi-sized pdf pattern in 8 sizes fits bust 73cm(29") to 108cm (43").
- Cutting out is simple with just one pattern piece
- Download includes a single printable page of instructions with a full colour photo tutorial online at clotheslinepatterns.com/daisydressinstructions.
Materials you need at home:
- 2.4m (2 3/4 yd) fabric of any width (ie.90-150cm or 36-60")
- Bias binding (1m or 40")
- Matching thread and usual sewing equipment - sewing machine, scissors, pins, etc.
An older neighbour once told me about how she would shop in the morning for a pattern and fabric, sew a new dress in the afternoon and wear it out that night. I love that idea! That's the spirit of Clothesline Patterns, simple clothes-making to be sewn in a single day.
Back in 2008, when I couldn't find the simple, speedy clothing patterns I was looking for, I decided to make them myself. Private patternmaking classes led to full time study in clothing design and technology at MSIT, a technical college in Brisbane, Australia.
I've worked in a number of creative industries - visual merchandising, graphic design, event styling - but now live amongst the sugar cane fields just outside Mackay in rural Queensland, happily making things for my website www.clotheslinepatterns.com.
Our motto at Clothesline : Be you. Everyone else is taken.
Carmen Hing Fay