Perfect for the person loves the sea and the graceful dolphin. Inspired by images of dolphins in Polynesian art, this hat and mittens pattern incorporates negative ease for a snug warm fit that lets you carry the dolphin’s delightful playfulness into a cold winter day. The mitten pattern features a different dolphin motif for each hand, a design of water spray for the thumb and an abstract wave pattern for the palm motif. The pattern comes in three sizes: small, medium and large, with charts for each size with two design options for the medium size. The hat pattern features a three panel repeat of the dolphin motif, and a delicate lace-like pattern on the crown. The hat pattern includes two sizes: medium and large
- The pattern comes with charts for each size, plus written instructions
- Includes both US imperial and metric measurements
- includes written instructions and a colorwork chart for each size
Materials you need at home:
- Needles US#1 (2.25mm) & US#2 (2.75mm) DPN (set of 5) (Ribbing is worked on smaller needles.) Adjust needle size as necessary to obtain proper gauge.
- Yarn/Materials: Fingering weight yarn—2 colors—MC 2 skeins, CC 1 skein depending on the size
- Notions: stitch markers and tapestry needle
Kunstwerk Designs COM
I’ve been knitting off and on since I was a child, but I only started designing in 2013. Designing lets me combine my love of knitting and my background in art. My first designs were inspired by Peruvian textiles. I’ve been mostly designing accessories. They are small and work up fast, but I’m starting to expand into garments. I have one vest design and hope to have more soon. I design part-time since I work full-time.