Dancing Dolphin Hat colorwork knitting pattern
Perfect for the person loves the sea and the graceful dolphin. Dancing dolphin hat pattern comes in two sizes: medium and large. Inspired by images of dolphins in Polynesian art, this hat pattern incorporates negative ease for a snug warm fit that lets you carry the dolphin’s delightful playfulness into a cold winter day.
The pattern features a three panel repeat of the dolphin motif, and a delicate lace-like pattern on the crown. Sizes: Medium: 22 inches (56 cm) circumference, 8 inches (20.5 cm) depth Large: 24 inches (61 cm), 9 inches (23. cm) depth Gauge: 9 stitches = 1 inch (2.5 cm) in stranded work approx. 9 rounds = 1 inch (2.5 cm) in stranded work
- The pattern comes with charts for each size, plus written instructions There is a matching mitten pattern to complete the ensemble.
- includes both US imperial and metric measurements
- includes written instructions and a colorwork chart for each size
Materials you need at home:
- Needles: US#1 (2.25mm) 16 or 20” (40 or 50 cm) circular needles US#2 (2.75mm) 16 or 20” (40 or 50 cm) circular needles US#2 (2.75mm) DPNs
- Yarn/Materials: Fingering weight yarn—2 colors—1 skein each
- Notions: stitch markers and tapestry needle
Kunstwerk Designs COM
I’ve been knitting off and on since I was a child, but I only started designing in 2013. Designing lets me combine my love of knitting and my background in art. My first designs were inspired by Peruvian textiles. I’ve been mostly designing accessories. They are small and work up fast, but I’m starting to expand into garments. I have one vest design and hope to have more soon. I design part-time since I work full-time.