- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 19 (22, 24) in/ 48.25 (56, 61) cm (Finished size 16.75 (19.25, 21.75) in/ 42.5 (49, 55.25) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable & Cable Cast-ons
Materials you need at home:
- 104 (134, 172) yd/93 (123, 157) m heavy DK/Worsted weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in BabyLongLegs Semi~Precious DK (230yd/210m per 100g; 50% Merino, 50%Silk))
- 34yd/32m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 3.75mm/UK9/US5 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
This architectural beanie was originally published in issue 115 of Simply Knitting magazine, and is now available as a single pattern.
The columns of twisted stitches provide a strong detail, and the merino/silk blend of the recommended yarn adds shine and strength.
Worked from the bottom up and in the round, there are 3 sizes included and the pattern is provided in both written and charted format.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on, twisted sts
Gauge: 20 sts x 30 rows to 4in/10cm on 4mm needles over St.St. 20 sts x 30 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.75mm needles over Twisted Rib 20 sts x 30 rows to 4in/10cm on 3.75mm needles over Twisted St. pattern
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.