Dawson the Deer, Woodland Stuffed Animal Waldorf Doll
The Dawson the Deer Pattern provides instructions for crocheting an adorable, young fawn doll and his cozy scarf. This stuffed animal toy has button-jointed arms and legs, though you can opt to attach the arms and legs without buttons as well! Dawson is a sweet softie that is suitable for intermediate crocheters. He makes for a rustic, handmade gift for baby showers, nurseries, children, and fans of deer or woodland critters!
This 14-page pattern includes complete written instructions with accompanying photo references for crocheting this doll from start to finish. The pattern includes an optional pattern for making a hair bow embellishment to put on the bunny's head.
** Please note: This is a crochet pattern and not the finished product. Returns/refunds cannot be made for pattern purchases. **
It is an INSTANT DIGITAL FILE, meaning you will be able to download the pattern upon purchasing it from this site. Please contact me if you are experiencing any problems with obtaining the file!
Height: 7½ inches (19 cm) when seated, from bottom to antlers.
Intermediate. Requires familiarity with stitches used (below), joining rounds, attaching yarn, changing color, and sewing parts together.
Stitches/Terms Used (Written in US Terminology) MR magic ring (a.k.a. magic circle, magic loop) YO yarn over Ch chain Sc single crochet Hdc half double crochet Dc double crochet Tr triple crochet Sl st slip stitch (insert hook, YO, pull through both loops) Dec decrease (single crochet two stitches together) Inc increase (two single crochet in same stitch) BLO back loops only
• Worsted medium weight (4) yarn in dark brown, brown, beige, and green • Scraps of black yarn for nose • 2 . 75 mm crochet hook • 5 . 00 mm crochet hook (for scarf) • A pair of 12 mm plastic safety eyes • 4 medium-sized buttons • 1 small button (for scarf) • Fiberfill stuffing • Yarn needle • Bobby pins • Scissors
This pattern is © 2017 Jasmin Wang (Sweet Softies). For personal use only. You may not copy, alter, or sell this pattern in any way. You may sell finished items made with this pattern if you credit Sylemn’s Sweet Softies as the designer and link to my website (www.sweetsofties.com), Etsy shop, or Facebook page. No wholesale.
- Written step-by-step crochet pattern
- Photos included for visual aid
- US terminology
- Intermediate level
Materials you need at home:
- Worsted medium weight (4) yarn in dark brown, brown, beige, and green
- Scraps of black yarn for nose
- 2 . 75 mm crochet hook
- 5 . 00 mm crochet hook (for scarf)
- A pair of 12 mm plastic safety eyes
- 4 medium-sized buttons
- 1 small button (for scarf)
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Yarn needle
- Bobby pins