For the frog fan in your life who already has everything (including a sense of humor). :)
It also makes a great decoration for halloween.
This little Frog is quite dead. Put him ontop of a nice puddle of blood and it becomes obvious. Make it even more spectacular by removing one or both eyeballs from their sockets and have them dangling around on the optical nerves. To top all that you can pull out the intestines, too! :D
This pattern includes instructions to crochet everything you see in the pictures (the Frog with its body-parts and intestines, and the puddle of blood).
Info: There are no loose parts that could get lost! It's all connected to the Frog. Only the Puddle of Blood is made separately.
Note: I do not recommend this figure for little kids. By now mine know of it but they didn't when they were little.
The size depends on your gauge, chosen type of yarn and crochet hook size. I'm using Puppets Lyric yarn (8/8, DK/Light-Worsted) from Coats and a 3 mm hook. With that I get the following size/s: 4.5 cm (from bottom to top of body)
* magic ring
* single crochet
* double crochet
* slip stitch
* increase and (invisible) decrease
* crocheting back and forth in rows
* crocheting in continuous rounds (rounds are not joined)
* surface crocheting (instructions included)
* basic sewing (sewing on body-parts, closing openings etc)
* basic embroidery (i.e. eyes, mouth etc)
The pattern is very detailed. Almost every single step/stitch is explained in words and pictures. Special characteristics are explained step-by-step (i.e. the puddle of blood). You see, nothing can go wrong! :)
1) The pattern is mine. Do not (re)sell this pattern, including translations to other languages and modifications; do not redistribute, including publishing on the internet. 2) The finished figure/item is yours. :) Feel free to sell the finished products, handmade by yourself (no mass production). I'd love it if you would refer to my pattern/shop when doing so. Thank you! :)
- suitable for beginners
- 7 pages of pattern
- 28 pages of step-by-step instructions
- lots and lots of pictures
Materials you need at home:
- yarn (weight doesn't matter, as long as you use the same weight throughout the whole project)
- crochet hook (one or two sizes smaller than recommended for your chosen type of yarn)
- stitch marker (use a paper clip or piece of scrap-yarn)
- stuffing tool (possibly)
- colored pins
- tapestry needle/s
patterns by steph
I'm Stephanie, mother of three and I live with my family in Germany.
I've been crocheting for a while now. My kids got me to it. When there's no merchandising on the market for the current favorit comic figure you just have to make it yourself. That's how my first crocheted figure came to life. And with that my crochet addiction. :)
My patterns are for beginners and advanced crocheters alike. Stuffed with photos and detailed step-by-step instructions (I think you could call them photo-tutorials). I learned crocheting by myself and often found it quite frustrating to get stuck in the middle of a pattern just because some key-information was simply missing (as a beginner pretty much everything is key-information). That's why in my patterns almost everything is explained with words and photos.
I'm currently converting my older patterns into a new layout. Here on Makerist you can find all the patterns that already have the new layout plus all my new creations.
Have fun browsing through my patterns and happy crocheting!
- Steph :)
patterns by steph on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/patternsbysteph