- Sewing pattern (XS-XXXL) incl. all seam allowances
- Layplan for material-saving cutting
- List of materials
- Detailed video tutorial with English subtitles
Materials you need at home:
- Denim with a little stretch, e.g. cotton with elastics at a fabric width of at least 140cm (1.5yd): XS-XXXL: 1,40m (1.5yd)
- Lining fabric, e.g. cotton with a fabric width of at least 140cm (1.6yd): XS-XXXL: 20cm (0.2yd)
- Fusible interfacing, e.g. Vlieseline H200: XS-XXXL: 10cm (4in)
- 1 metal zipper (not divisible) with a length of 20cm (8in)
- 1 shank button
- matching denim sewing thread, extra strong
- Sewing machine with sewing machine needle suitable for fabric thickness
- Tip: For example, for The Frida Skirt we use a denim fabric made of 98% cotton and 2% elastane with a weight of 320g/m2. The pattern is constructed for a fabric with some stretch. We recommend a test piece before sewing with the final fabric.
Originally, it was the idea of the hippies in the 1960s to turn their old denim pants into long recycled denim skirts. In the mainstream fashion, the denim skirt entered 10 years later and has not lost its relevance since then. Meanwhile, denim skirts come in all variations, with the Frida Skirt drawing from the classic elements of a pair of jeans. The denim skirt pattern has a traditional denim pants zipper fly zipper with metal button, visible seams, side pockets, patch rectangular pockets on the bottom and the absolute highlight: the high slit in the side seam, which can also be closed lower at your discretion. Tip: You’re into upcycling instead of new fabrics? You can sew yourself the denim skirt from an old pair of jeans by cutting up old denim pants and using a patchwork technique to assemble them into a “new” fabric. You will then use this for The Frida Skirt pattern. This is how you create a unique and sustainable garment! The pattern for The Frida Skirt includes sizes XS-XXXL. For each sewing pattern there is a free "sew along" video tutorial. You will get the sizes XS-XXXL.
FIND THE PERFECT SIZE
Which size is the right one? As always, take a look at our size chart.
You can find the video instructions for the pattern here: "sew along" video tutorial If you’ve never sewn before, watch our sewing machine basics video tutorial first. There you will learn about the components of a sewing machine and how to sew your first seam.
We have the highest standards for our products - if something doesn't meet your expectations, please contact us and we will solve the issue together.
JULIANA MARTEJEVS - The DIY Fashion Label
We are JULIANA MARTEJEVS - The DIY Fashion Label, a small creative team of four. We put our whole heart into our modern patterns and matching DIY kits to make your next sewing and DIY projects as easy and fun as possible. 🥰
We believe that our sewing and DIY projects prove how much value is behind each garment, and we hope that the homemade unique items will be especially enjoyed and worn for a long time. 🌱
We have the highest standards for our products. So if something does not meet your expectations, please contact us and we will solve the problem together. ✉️
For all patterns and DIY kits we record detailed video instructions, with which you can create your new favorite piece - uncomplicated and step by step.
Be inspired by the great quality of our fabrics and experience the wonderful feeling of having made a garment yourself.
We wish you lots of fun sewing and being creative!
We are looking forward to seeing you! Kind regards, your JULIANA MARTEJEVS Team