Desert Plant Beginner Hand Embroidery Pattern and Tutorial
Your purchase includes:
1) A 'Pattern and Tutorial' file This file is is 17 pages long and includes the following:
- Supply list
- Printable pattern in two sizes (to fir a five or six inch hoop)
- Pattern guide (key for embroidery stitches and colours)
- Step by step tutorial with accompanying photographs and tips to help you in the process
2) An 'Embroidery Guide' This file is 24 pages long and contains the following:
- Detailed information on supplies and what to look for when purchasing them
- My personal tips to help make your embroidery experience as easy as possible
- A stitch glossary that illustrates how to execute the stitches used in my patterns
The stitches taught and used in this pattern include:
- Running Stitch
- Split stitch
- Chain stitch
- Satin stitch (basic and advanced method)
- Stem stitch
- Colonial knots
The combined file size is 11.74 MB. The pattern is written in English.
This pattern was created with beginners in mind, but can be enjoyed by all skill levels who wish to experiment with the design.
This pattern and its content are the property of Ell Violet, © Ell Violet 2018 and is for personal use only.
- Illustrated embroidery pattern, stitch key and color chart
- US imperial measurement. Fits either a 5 or 6 inch hoop
- Photographs of process and finished design
- Suitable for beginners
Materials you need at home:
- Embroidery needle(s)
- Embroidery scissors
- Calico fabric or similar
- Fabric shears or sharp scissors
- Six strand embroidery floss
- Wooden embroidery hoop, 5 or 6 inch
- Your choice of transfer tools to trace the pattern (eg. erasable pen, light box, carbon paper)
I am a mixed media artist whose work focuses on celebrating the beauty of flora and fauna. My pieces combine delicate embroidered elements with painting, bead work and sequins.
I began offering hand embroidery patterns as a way to share my enjoyment of the process with others. Whether you are a complete beginner or seasoned creator, I hope you find something that inspires you!
If you purchase a pattern and would like to share your work, please don't hesitate to tag me @ellvioletdesign on Instagram. I would love to see what you come up with :)