Devan baby & childrens cardigan - hand knitting pattern
This v-neck cardigan with its patterned front and sleeves is a stylish take on a cool weather sweater. There’s a surprise on the back – your choice of a small coloured rectangle inserted below the neck line or a long stripe of pattern up the solid-coloured back. Due to popular demand this pattern, which is an updated version of one first seen on Knitty.com, now comes in six sizes – from preemie to 4-yr-old. The changes I’ve incorporated into the design make this hit sweater even better now.
Skills required: working intarsia from written instructions, increases/decreases, three-needle bind-off, picking up stitches, buttonholes, knowledge of sweater construction, seaming
Gauge: 30 sts and 42 rows = 4" / 10 cm in stockinette stitch using larger needles
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- 6 sizes preemie, 0-6 mo, 6-12 mo, 12-24 yrs, 2T, 4T
- Advanced beginner skill level
Materials you need at home:
- Fingering or sock yarn; 229 yd (210 m) per 50 g ball; 1 (2, 2, 3, 3, 4) balls self-patterning (MC); 1 (1, 2, 2, 2, 2) balls solid (CC)
- 4 (4, 5, 5, 5, 5) 3/8” (1 cm) buttons
- 2.5 mm (US 1 1⁄2) and 3 mm (US 2 1⁄2) needles
- 2.5 mm (US 1 1⁄2) circular needle, 32” (80 cm) long
- 4 stitch holders
- 4 stitch markers
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.