This pattern is size US8 // UK12 // EU40. Our measurements table and total ease allowance information can be found in the photo gallery.
If you wish to purchase different sizes EU34-EU52, you can find links to the size needed at the end of this description.
About Diana dress:
Diana is a semi-fitted dress with an accentuated waist and a skirt that flares out towards the bottom. The dress is fitted with front and back princess seams. The back has shoulder darts transferred to the neckline. The front features pockets at the sides. The dress has a round neckline and voluminous, elbow-length, set-in sleeves. The sleeves feature pleats at the caps and darts at the hems. The hems of the sleeves are finished with facings. The dress is finished with a free-hanging lining and fastens with an invisible zipper in the center back seam. Diana is midi length. Model Alina: Height 172 cm (5’8”), Bust 86 cm (33 7/8”), Waist 65 cm (25 5/8”), Hips 93 cm (36 5/8”). Alina is wearing size 36 in height 3. Model Yana: Height 174 cm (5’8”), Bust 107 cm (42 1/8”), Waist 87 cm (34 1/4”), Hips 122 cm (48”). For Yana we combined sizes 48 for the top and 52 for the bottom in height 3. Approximate sewing time — 1.5 days (12 hours).
To sew this dress, choose dress-weight and suiting fabrics with the following properties:
- medium weight, structured, breathable, low-stretch or non-stretch, with good drape
- the fiber content can include natural fibers (wool, silk, cotton, linen), artificial fibers (viscose), blends (wool + silk, wool + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc.), and synthetics (polyester, polyester + elastane)
- the following fabrics are recommended: dress-weight wool, dress-weight denim, jacquard fabrics
Attention! We do not recommend stretchy knit fabrics and lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, organza, stretch lace).
For the lining, we recommend artificial fibers (viscose), blends (viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester), and synthetics (polyester, polyester + elastane).
The dress in the photo is made of dress-weight wool. The fabric is medium weight, with good drape and very little stretch. The fiber content is a blend of wool, viscose, and elastane. The lining is 97% viscose + 3% elastane.
More sizes of Diana dress:
Size US2// UK6// EU34: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/diana-dress-size-us2-uk6-eu34-vikisews
Size US4// UK8//EU36: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/diana-dress-size-us4-uk8-eu36-vikisews
Size US6// UK10//EU38: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/diana-dress-size-us6-uk10-eu38-vikisews
Size US8// UK12// EU40: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/diana-dress-size-us8-uk12-eu40-vikisews
Size US10// UK14// EU42: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/diana-dress-size-us10-uk14-eu42-vikisews
Size US12// UK16// EU44: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/diana-dress-size-us12-uk16-eu44-vikisews
Size US14// UK18// EU46: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/diana-dress-size-us14-uk18-eu46-vikisews
Size US16// UK20// EU48: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/diana-dress-size-us16-uk20-eu48-vikisews
Size US18// UK22// EU50: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/diana-dress-size-us18-uk22-eu50-vikisews
Size US20// UK24// EU52: https://www.makerist.com/patterns/diana-dress-size-us20-uk24-eu52-vikisews
If you have any questions regarding using our patterns please contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website www.vikisews.com
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen size, in A4 format to be printed at home;
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen height, in A4 format to be printed at home;
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen size, A0 format;
- - the PDF pattern in your chosen size, plotter format to be printed at the copy shop;
- - detailed instructions which include cutting layouts, construction steps accompanied by photos, as well as instructions on how to work with Vikisews patterns (printing, taping, adjusting, sewing terminology).
Materials you need at home:
- 1. Main fabric
- 2. Lining fabric
- 3. Lightweight knit or woven interfacing, 140 cm (55”) wide, for all sizes in all heights — 0.3 m (3/8 yd)
- 4. Stitched bias-cut fusible stay tape with stitch reinforcement, 1 cm (3/8") wide
- 5. Stitched straight-grain fusible stay tape — 0.3 m (3/8 yd)
- 6. Stiff net fabric, 140 cm (55") wide, for all sizes in all heights — 0.5 m (1/2 yd)
- 7. One invisible zipper, 60 cm (23 5/8”) long, for all sizes in all heights
- 8. Matching thread — 5 spools (1 spool for the sewing machine + 4 spools for the overlocker)
My name is Viktoria and I'm happy to welcome you in my sewing pattern shop!
Vikisews patterns follow latest fashion trends and come with step by step tutorial that makes sewing easy and enjoyable!
For any questions related my patterns and sewing process please fill free to contact me via e-mail email@example.com!