The dairy Farmer tea cosy is a super cute addition to the farmers tea cosies. Being a dairy farmer he has a blue jumper and a blue and cram bobble hat, because it's especially cold on the morning milking round! The hat is removable to reveal a wild curly hair style. The pattern tells you how to achieve the straight look too.
The farmer has one of his dairy herd behind him ready for milking and in front of him is an old fashioned milk churn. The cow is sewn to the back of the tea cosy. She has a peach nose, beads for eyes and of course the all important udders, udder-neath!
The Dairy Farmer tea cosy brings tea and milk together at milking time.
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Has a removable hat which can be casually hung on the spout
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Double Pointed needles,
- 30g Blue double knitting wool,
- 20g Brown Double knitting wool,
- Dark Brown double knitting wool,
- Flesh double knitting wool,
- Cream double knitting wool,
- Black double knitting wool,
- 8g Silver Grey double knitting wool,
- Four cotton buds,
- Two 6mm black beads and Stuffing.
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.