Dilly cloth doll soft toy pattern. 11" (27cm) tall.
Dilly is a cute, huggable cloth doll. She stands 11" (28cm) tall when completed and is softly thread jointed with legs sewn into body seams (no joints required).
All her features are embroidered and she has needle sculpting to face, hands and feet.
Her pattern has easy to follow instructions and lots of photos for reference. She is a fun character to sew and you'll be doll-making, dress-making and hair-styling as you make her. A simple needle sculpting tutorial is included too
- Lots of reference photos and illustrations
- Includes clothing
- Full step by step instructions
- Needle sculpting tutorial
Materials you need at home:
- Fat 1/16th metre flesh coloured cotton fabric
- Fat cotton quarter for dress
- Contrasting fabric for cuffs and bow
- Chunky knit wool for hair
- (optional) stretch jersey fabric for stockings
- Suitable toy stuffing
- Embroidery thread for eyes
- Strong thread for jointing
- 1 metre of lace, ribbon or other edging
- Sewing threads, scissors, needle and pins
I love making softies, from cute and cuddly to slightly quirky (like me). You'll find a whole menagerie of animals to sew from teds to lions, with the odd dragon and ostritch too. Hope you enjoy stitching them - and have fun x