- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- instructions for making the bee, ladybird and dragonfly, and photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
DINKY BUGS TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Some happy bugs! These little bugs are fun toys, and quick to knit. This knitting pattern includes the instructions to make a dinky bee, ladybird and dragonfly.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the antennae and bee sting which are i-cord pieces knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, knit stripes (i.e. change colour at the end of a row), work increases and decreases, sew seams and knit i-cord. The eyes are knitted bobbles, and instructions on how to knit a bobble are included in the pattern.
FINISHED SIZE: The bee and ladybird are approximately 12cm tall, and the dragonfly is 15cm tall (including the antennae).