Introducing my Dinky Christmas Toys - this pattern includes instructions to knit Santa, the snowman, robin and reindeer. Each toy is approximately 10.5 cm tall (not including the antlers on the reindeer). Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The reindeer’s antlers are i-cord knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). The patterns for Santa, snowman and reindeer use a knitted bobble for the nose, and instructions are included in the pattern. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- instructions for making the toys and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 8 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.75mm (US 5) DPNs
- DK yarns (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.