- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- Instructions for making the plane with photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
DINKY PLANE TOY KNITTING PATTERN
Knit some toys for boys with this pattern for a dinky plane. At 10cm long, this plane is the perfect size for little hands to play with, or you could knit a fleet of planes and hang on a mobile for a baby crib.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are worked flat on straight needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, change colours at the ends of a row (knit stripes) and sew seams. This pattern incorporates kitchener stitch (a grafting technique) and Swiss darning embroidery (also known as duplicate stitch).
FINISHED SIZE: The plane is approximately 10cm long.