- Age range included in the pattern 4 to 13 years
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Large coloured intarsia chart for the Dinosaur
Materials you need at home:
- Aran/Worsted Yarn (10 ply) in 2 colours
- Knitting Needles - 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6)
- Knitting bobbins will be useful for knitting the intarsia
Knitting pattern for those "Dinosaur Mad" youngsters. Knitted in Aran/Worsted (10 ply) Yarn so grows very quickly. Large, coloured intarsia chart to follow for the Brontosaurs. The rib is 2 x 2 rib with a change of colour every 2 rows. Pattern covers age range 4 to 13 years.
The sweater features a dinosaur (Brontosaurus) on the front and the hat has flaps to keep those ears warm.
YARN Any Aran/Worsted yarn can be used so long as it gives the same tension as below.
The garment shown is knitted in Paintbox Yarns Wool Mix Aran.
Main Yarn Misty Grey (803) Contrast Yarn Sky Blue (838)
Tension – 18 sts and 24 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch using 5mm needles An easy and quick design to knit. The pattern includes colour coded sizes for ages from 4 to 13 years and a large full-page coloured intarsia chart for the Dinosaur.
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.