- Age range included in the pattern 4 to 13 years
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Large coloured intarsia charts for the Dinosaurs
Materials you need at home:
- Aran/Worsted Yarn (10 ply) in 2 colours
- Knitting Needles - 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6)
- Knitting bobbins will be useful for knitting the intarsia
Knitting pattern for those "Dinosaur Mad" youngsters. Knitted in Aran/Worsted (10 ply) Yarn so grows very quickly. Large, coloured intarsia charts to follow for the Parasaurolophus and Pteranodon Dinosaurs. The pattern covers the age range 4 to 13 years.
The sweater features the two dinosaurs on the front and the hat has dinosaur spikes and flaps to keep those ears warm.
YARN Any Aran/Worsted yarn can be used so long as it gives the same tension as below.
The yarn used as shown in the photographs:
Main Yarn: Hayfield Bonus Aran with Wool in Kingfisher (769) Contrast Yarns: Small amounts of 10 ply yarn in Red, Yellow, Green, Grey and Bright Blue
The yarn can be purchased from http://www.loveknitting.com?utmmedium=affiliate&aaid=949dcd46
Tension – 18 sts and 24 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch using 5mm needles
An easy and quick design to knit. The pattern includes colour coded sizes for ages from 4 to 13 years and large full-page coloured intarsia charts for the Dinosaurs.
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.