A knitting pattern for a sweater and hat perfect for a dinosaur-mad youngster. For ages 4 to 13 years.
Round neck Aran (10 ply) Sweater and matching Hat.
The sweater features a Dinosaur (Triceratops) on the front and ribs knitted in 2 x 2 rib with main and contrast yarn. The beanie hat will keep those ears warm whilst searching for dinosaurs!
2 Colours used
Suggested yarns include: Berroco Vintage Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran James C. Brett with Wool Aran King Cole Merino Blend Aran Rico Design Essentials Soft Merino Aran Sirdar Supersoft Aran
An easy and quick design to knit. The pattern includes colour coded sizes for ages from 4 to 13 years and a large full-page coloured intarsia chart.
Pattern Language - English
- Age range included in the pattern 4 to 13 years
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Large coloured intarsia chart for the Triceratops
Materials you need at home:
- Aran/Worsted Yarn (10 ply)
- Knitting Needles - 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6)
- Knitting bobbins will be useful for knitting the intarsia
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.