- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter
- Worked flat back and forth
- Gauge is not critical in this design. For the sample shawl: 15 sts / 12 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over stockinette, measured after blocking.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
Like a true Diva, this design is glamorous and truly eye-catching with its exquisite lace border. The stockinette body lets that special skein of fingering weight yarn really shine.
Diva is a semi-circle Pi shawl worked from the top-down and is started with a garter stitch tab. The lace in the border is patterned on both right side and wrong side rows. The instructions are provided both charted and written out.
Size and finished measurements: Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: span width of 142 cm (56 inches) and a depth of 50 cm (19 ½ inches), measured after blocking.
Difficulty level: This half-circle shawl is knit from the top down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. The lace border is knitted on both sides of the fabric. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo, M1, kfb, skp, k2tog, p2tog, p2tog tbl as well as a centered double decrease.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.