The DIVINE dress is a first of a kind, it has been designed collaborating with Virginie @ nomdunecouture.
We’ve created a dress with different options that allow you to give the style you prefer. Long or short, with different types of pockets and collars you can create your own from sophistication to minimalism. And the waistband with elastic makes it very comfortable to wear in any occasions.
The set of patterns is available from size 34 to 46 (FR) / 6 to 18 (UK) corresponding to 32 to 41 ¼ inches for the bust size.
The Divine dress has been designed for rather light and fluid fabrics. Fabric fluidity is necessary to give this garment a nice fall. Too stiff or too thick fabrics will give too much volume, especially with the gatherings. Keep also in mind that you’ll have to put it on by the head so that fluid fabric is a must. Our advice is to use fabrics such as viscose, Tencel , cupro, silk …
AND YOU KNOW WHAT?! The DIVINE dress is compatible with the “Sleeves bar” so don’t hesitate to mix and create a new style with the ¾ gathering sleeve for example.
All the available sleeves are included in the “Sleeves bar” pattern on our Makerist store.
- A4 format PDF pattern (35 pages) in English
- A0 format PDF pattern in English
- US Letter format PDF pattern (40 pages) in English
- Detailed sewing instructions manual in English
Materials you need at home:
- Fabric for short length version (values given here for a 140 cm / 55” width): 180 cm from 34 to 36 (FR) - 200 cm from 38 to 42 (FR) - 230 cm from 34 to 46 (FR) / 71 ‘’ from 6 to 8 (UK) – 78 ¾ ‘’ from 10 to 14 (UK) – 90 ½ ‘’ from 16 to 18 (UK).
- Fabric for full length version (values given here for a 140 cm / 55” width): 220 cm from 34 to 40 (FR) - 270 cm from 42 to 46 (FR) / 86 ½ ‘’ from 6 to 12 (UK) – 106 ¼ ’’ from 14 to 18 (UK).
- Sewing thread.
- Fusible interfacing for the facings.
- An elastic band with a 1,5 cm width (O.6”) for the waist. Length from 77 cm / 30 ¼ ‘’ to 97 cm / 37 ¾ ‘’. Add 3 cm / 1 ¼ ‘’ for each size increase.
- 2 elastic bands with a 7 mm width (0.28”) for the cuffs. For the length, a simple way is to make the following calculation: Wrist circumference + 2 cm + 2 cm for seam allowance
DressYourBody designs patterns, you create your clothes … No matter if you are an experienced sewer or you just want to start making your own pieces, the sewing pattern I’m initially doing for myself and that I wear daily are there for you. I pay the maximum attention to design crystal clear sewing patterns without any overlapping parts and very detailed sewing instructions. DressYourBody also proposes an innovative concept with the “Sleeves bar”. You can download for free a complete set of sleeves that are compatible with the vast majority of my designs so that you can mix different options and create your very unique style. Check regularly because the bar is being refilled with new sleeves very often! Christine