Cozy up when the temperatures drop with Down Home.
Down Home is knit flat and seamed for stability. The fronts are knit in one piece. You’ll cast on for the left front and work from the bottom up through the shoulder shaping and across the neck before working the right front from the top down.
Techniques used: Provisional cast on, 3-needle bind off, increasing, decreasing, casting on at the end of a row.
- Knitting pattern - written instructions and schematic
- Finished Chest Circumference 31-68.5" / 77-171.5 cm
- Imperial and Metric measurements
- Suitable for intermediate knitters
Materials you need at home:
- Approximately 1150 (1250, 1400, 1550) 1650, 1800, 1900 [2050, 2150, 2350] yards / 1051 (1143, 1280, 1417) 1509, 1646, 1737 [1875, 1966, 2149] meters bulky weight wool.
- US size 10.5 / 6.5 mm 24” / 60 cm circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge plus one extra needle for 3 needle bind off.
- 1 stitch marker
- scrap yarn for provisional cast on
- tapestry needle