Snuggle down warmly every bedtime this autumn with this sweet cottage hot water bottle cover. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the cover is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round), with a combination of stockinette and a textured rib pattern. The door and window are knitted separately and sewn on so there is no tricky colour-work to master here. For confident beginners and above, techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, a kfb increase, and seaming to finish.
- The pattern is 3 pages
- Written in English language
- Measurements are metric
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4 mm (US 6) single-pointed knitting needles
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- A star shaped button for the door handle
- Sewing needle and thread to attach button and pins for making up
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.