Dress ADA (XS - 3XL) - SO Pattern
The ADA dress has a slight A-line shape which is flattering for all sizes. It has two bust darts, finishes just above the knee and is constructed without a zip. It’s a lovely dress to wear year round: wear it in summer on its own and in winter combined with a long sleeve top, tights and a cardigan.
The hem band provides a great way to add contrasting fabric or to vary the length slightly.
The ADA dress is quick to make and perfect for intermediate skills or an ambitious beginner. Since there is no zip, the most complicated step is adding bias binding around the neckline and armscye - you can also work with facings instead of the bias binding to make your life even easier.
The sewing instructions are illustrated and detailed, so each step is easy to follow.
Length from shoulder around 103cm / 40 1/2in.
- PDF includes illustrated tutorial and sewing pattern for sizes XS -3XL
- A 4 & US Letter compatible
- Print-your-size Choose your size in the layer of the PDF
- Sizes und fabric requirements both in metric and imperial
- The sizes match a bust from 82 cm/32,3 in until 124 cm/48,8 in
- Suitable for advanced Beginners
Materials you need at home:
- mediumweight fabrics, as cotton poplin, linen, silk, jacquard ...
- Pattern includes detailed fabric requirements both in metric and imperial.
- Bias binding or Interfacing
Sonja Stern creates fashion and traditional costumes. As your Instructor at Makerist, she will nurture your passion for handwork and show you how to sew stunning pieces of craft with creativity, versatility and consummate ease!
With her SO Pattern label, she designs simple and refined patterns - perfect for all of you sewing enthusiasts and fashion fanatics. Her cuts accommodate all sizes, ranging from XS to XXXL. From her initial training as a designer and pattern technician, to her subsequent studies in media and communication, to her professional experience in graphic design and advertising: a passion for fashion and creativity has been at the core of everything Sonja has achieved. And it is precisely this that she wants to share with you here at Makerist.
Begin your artistic SO Pattern-adventure today! sew happy = SO Patter SOhappy!