Dress and blouse pattern – PDF pattern - Paulette
Paulette is the ultimate Peter Pan collar dress or blouse! Inspired by one of my grandmother dresses, it is a beautiful vintage and feminine dress for big (and smaller) occasions. It is pregnancy friendly thanks to its beautiful empire line. Among other things, the pattern features a maxi Peter Pan collar, a sexy front keyhole, cap sleeves, and a gathered skirt. It closes on the side with an invisible zipper.
It comes in UK sizes 6 to 20, US sizes 2 to 16 and EU sizes 34 to 48.
The Paulette dress and blouse is an intermediate level pattern. The bodice is fitted and could require a full bust adjustment if you are not a B-cup. Sewing the Peter Pan collar and lining are the most delicate parts. A glossary is available here: www.camimade.com/glossary.
Fabric suggestions: lightweight fabric with a good amount of drape like viscose crepe, crepe de Chine, cotton lawn, coton sateen, etc. For the lining: lightweight and stable fabric like cotton voile.
Model measurements: Bust 84cm (33") - rib cage 77cm (30 ½") - waist 85cm (33 ½") - hips 91cm (35 ⅞") - 1.58m tall (5'2"). All samples are in size B.
- Instructions guide with handmade illustrations (12 pages)
- A4 pattern (24 pages, in the ZIP file)
- A0 pattern (2 pages, in the ZIP file)
- US letter pattern (26 pages, in the ZIP file)
Materials you need at home:
- Dress – 2.50m x 150cm / 2 ¾ yds x 60” OR 2.70m x 115cm / 3 yds x 45”
- Blouse – 1.70m x 150cm / 1 ¾ yds x 60” OR 1.90m x 115cm / 2 yds x 45”
- Lining – 50cm x 150cm / ½ yd x 60” (+30cm / ⅜ yd for the under collar) OR 80cm x 115cm / ⅞ yd x 45”
- A concealed zip approximately 30-40cm / 12’’-16’’ long
- Interfacing, lighter than the fabric for the under collar: 40 x 70 cm / ⅜ x ¾ yd
- 1-2cm wide bias binding : 2 x 40cm / 2 x 16’’ (you might need less depending on your size)
- To close the collar, a 0.7cm / 3/8’’ wide button if that is the chosen option (the other option is to close the collar with ties)
Camimade is an independent sewing pattern company, designing minimalist and timeless sewing patterns, on the lookout for a more contemporary sewing.
Camimade develops PDF and printed patterns. The detailed sewing guides which come with each pattern offer different personalisation options and are fully illustrated by hand.
We opened the studio in 2019 in London with a lot a projects in mind for your sewing. Stay tuned!
Learn more about Camimade on www.camimade.com or follow us on Instagram @cami__made.