Audrey is a short and loose fit dress pattern. With grown-on sleeves, it has initially been designed with long puff sleeves made in see-through fabric for a festive and delicate look. However, you can make it without sleeves and wear it just like that or with a top underneath, for a more office look. The high collar will keep your neck warm and cosy, while being wide enough to feel free to move. Audrey closes at the back with an invisible zip and small buttons on the collar. Sleeves are finished with tear-proof vents and end with sleeve cuffs. In addition, it has pockets!
It covers UK sizes 6 to 20, US sizes 2 to 16 and EU sizes 34 to 48.
Audrey is an intermediate level pattern with interesting details to sew, like the high collar or the invisible zip closure, as well as the gathers and tear-proof vents on the sleeves.
Fabric suggestions: Main fabric: medium weight like tartan, gabardine, velvet, tweed, denim, jacquard, silk, woolen crepe, triple crepe, heavy jersey. Sleeves for the sleeve version: see-through fabric with more or less structure and drape like organza, voile, or georgette. Pockets: light weight lining fabric, in cotton or polyester. Pockets are a good opportunity to use your remnants!
- Instructions guide with handmade illustrations (12 pages)
- A4 pattern (25 pages, in the ZIP file)
- A0 pattern (2 pages, in the ZIP file)
- US letter pattern (25 pages, in the ZIP file)
Materials you need at home:
- Main fabric – 150cm wide fabrics: 1.20m / 1 ⅜yds (size A to F) or 1.90m / 2 ⅛ yds (size G to H)
- or – 115cm wide fabrics: 2.20m / 2 ⅜yds (all sizes)
- Sleeve fabric – 150cm and 115cm wide fabrics: 50cm / 20”
- Pocket fabric – 50cm x 60cm / 20” x 24”
- Interfacing, lighter than your main fabric, for the collar except if the fabric you are using has already a good structure (approximately 30cm x 40cm / 12” x 16”)
- Six 1cm / ⅜″ buttons for the sleeve version or two for the sleeveless version
- A 40cm / 16″ invisible zip
Camimade is an independent sewing pattern company, designing minimalist and timeless sewing patterns, on the lookout for a more contemporary sewing.
Camimade develops PDF and printed patterns. The detailed sewing guides which come with each pattern offer different personalisation options and are fully illustrated by hand.
We opened the studio in 2019 in London with a lot a projects in mind for your sewing. Stay tuned!
Learn more about Camimade on www.camimade.com or follow us on Instagram @cami__made.