Dress - PDF pattern for women - easy - La Montpelliéraine
When you imagine yourself in Montpellier, you imagine a sunny day at the beach, honey candy in hand, a walk past the "Place de la Comedie & Fontaine des Trois Grâces", and of course one cannot miss the Arc de Triomphe, build in tribute to Louis XIV.
Have you already visted this lovely town which is full of architectural and botanicals curiosities?Have you already traveled the Ecusson or taken a stroll on the "Promenade de Peru", and revelled in the beauty of the oldest botanical garden in France. It is said that the poet Paul Valéry called it his heaven on earth, which inspired some of favourite verses!
Fancy yourself a native of Montpellier this summer? Bring out your favourite summer dress, and don't forget the wide rimmed hat to save you from sunburn and get packing! Looking for one more light dress to add in.. get your sewing machine and let's get started then! Our dress la Montpelliéraine it's the perfect balance of style, comfort, easy yet fancy with its asymmetry, and most of all, it will make you feel at home in the streets of Montpellier.
- PDF Sewing Pattern A4 and US Letter to print at home
- Step by step instructions with pictures
- Size chart in cm + inch
- French sizes 34 - 46 (= US 2-14, UK 6-18)
Materials you need at home:
- For printing and gluing the pdf sewing pattern, you need Scissors, adhesive tape and enough printing paper in the printer
- Fabric* for the dress : Width 140 (cm) : 250 cm length (or 130 cm length if you choose the top)
- : Viscose, polyester, linen, cotton... Because of the shape of the skirt (you can see the wrong side of the fabric when the skirt is worn), choose a fabric with a pretty or colored inside.
- Lining (cotton) for the dress : width 140 (cm) :35 cm length
- Elastic band for the waist : width 1 to 2 cm ; length : 60 cm T34 ; 62 cm T36 ; 64 cm T38 ; 66 cm T40 ; 68 cm T42 ; 70 cm T44 ; 72 cm T46. The elastic should more than double in length when stretched.
- Elastic band for the back : width 0,5 cm ; approximate length to be checked when wearing : 24 cm T34 ; 26 cm T36 ; 28 cm ; T38 ; 30 cm T40 ; 32 cm T42 ; 34 cm T44 ; 36 cm T46.
- Buttons : 1 button for the tear drop in the front
- Round elastic for the tear drop (color matching with the fabric) : 10 cm
- Ready straps or Ribbon: 2m (only for the version V1)
- Bias : optional, 6m if you choose this finishing for the hem of the skirt.
Welcome to my page !
If you found me, i'm guessing you share my passion: sewing, sewing clothes for myself, sewing for my friends, sewing makes me happy, and you too I believe !
I am Mathilde from France, 30 years old and a passionate sewer. I graduated from fashion school in 2013, where I specialised in women's ready-to-wear. I have worked in the sectors of lingerie and luxury leather goods.
Using what i have, and what I learn on a continuous basis, it is my great pleasure to share with you patterns in PDF format along with sewing instructions to help you, if you need them.