Drink Carrier Handbag Tote Recycled Grainbag Sewing Tutorial
This tote will hold two 32 oz or two 1.5 Liter Drink bottles. This is a tutorial showing how to make a double 32oz growler tote from recycled grain bag and coffee bag material but you can use other materials of your choice and this could also be used as a drink carrier fro picnics and farm marketing. You could even carry doggie treats and water bottle in this tote. There are 11 pages to this tutorial and many pictures how to make this tote. One page of this tutorial explains how I collect, clean, and process the recycled materials to make this tote.
- Illustrated sewing tutorial to make double 32 oz tote
- US Imperial Measurement (inches)
- Tutorial how to make double 32 oz Growler Tote
- Suitable for Beginners
- Consultation available with Designer for any questions about the pattern. You can contact me and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. I speak English.
Materials you need at home:
- Grain bag from your favorite local brewery, ask manager to save bags for you.
- large silver coffee bags from your favorite coffee shop, ask manager to save bags for you.
- 1 large spool of mercerized cotton quilting thread, I use off white for most all of these but I have used black before and it looks good too.
- About 2 to 3 yards of cotton twill strapping or cut some jeans or other material for core of handles.
- Note alternate size and method information in red throughout tutorial. Using alternate size information will eliminate using the additional twill tape on top band.
- Sewing Scissors
- Sewing Machine
- Clothes pins
- Plastic Card (such as plastic Starbucks gift card)
I enjoy life with my dogs, and handcrafting. I'm working toward an off-grid homesteading lifestyle, and traveling in a nomadic off-grid way. I create and produce products both actual totes that I sell, also tutorials in digital form published in PDF. I blog at http://www.handcraftermaggie.wordpress.com