Drink Carrier Tote Recycled Grainbag Sewing Tutorial
This is a tutorial showing how to make the 64oz growler tote. This tote can also be a farm market tote for 2 liter size jug or other containers. There are 11 pages to this tutorial and many pictures that I took when I was actually making this tote. One page of this tutorial explains how to collect, clean, and process the recycled materials to make this tote. I also list some of my suppliers for items I use.
- Illustrated sewing tutorial to make 64 oz tote
- US Imperial Measurement (inches)
- Tutorial how to make 64 oz Growler Tote
- Suitable for Beginners
- Consultation available with Designer for any questions about the pattern. You can contact me and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. I speak English.
Materials you need at home:
- 1 Grain bag from your favorite local brewery, most will be glad to save the bags for you to recycle. You could make some for the growlers that they sell and see if they will carry your product in their gift shop. * * 1 large silver coffee bag from your favorite Starbucks, they should be glad to save the bags for you to recycle when you explain to them you are helping keep them out of landfill and making upcycled items.
- 1 large spool of mercerized cotton quilting thread, I use off white for most all of these but I have used black before and it looks good too.
- About 2 yards of cotton twill strapping or cut some jeans or other material for core of handles.
- Note alternate size and method information in red throughout tutorial. Using alternate size information will eliminate using the additional twill tape on top band.
- Sewing Scissors
- Sewing Machine
- Clothes pins
- Plastic Card (such as plastic Starbucks gift card)
I enjoy life with my dogs, and handcrafting. I'm working toward an off-grid homesteading lifestyle, and traveling in a nomadic off-grid way. I create and produce products both actual totes that I sell, also tutorials in digital form published in PDF. I blog at http://www.handcraftermaggie.wordpress.com