Crochet pattern for adorable fluffy ducklings!
Designed to be realistic in all their natural cuteness, these make a great addition to your seasons table, perfect spring and Easter decorations, lovely twig tree ornaments or even shocking toys for a cat!
The pattern explains yarn choices in detail. You do not need to source a fluffy yarn, most ordinary wool yarns will work just fine, and are what I have used in the pictures above. The pattern explains the trick to fluffing them up!
The very detailed pattern is fully illustrated with colour photographs, and is available in UK and US crochet versions.
All my patterns come with my full support. If you have any difficulties at all when working the pattern, please e-mail me and I will be happy to provide further explanations.
Please see my other crochet patterns.
Once purchased, this pattern remains the copyright of Little Conkers. You may not reproduce all or any part of this pattern. Please do not sell items made from this pattern, without express prior permission (which is usually granted) and credit.
- pattern in UK and US versions
- illustrated with colour photos
- make the size/colour of your choice
- includes instructions on how to change colour
- full e-mail support
Materials you need at home:
- For an approximately 10cm mallard duckling you will need double-knitting (DK, light worsted-weight, category 3) yarn in the following quantities:
- -- 21m of brown
- -- 15m of gold/yellow
- For a single-colour duckling you will need approximately 32m of yellow or your chosen colour.
- You will also need:
- -- double-knitting (DK, light worsted weight, Category 3) yarn in dark grey/taupe or orange for the beak (1m) and feet (3m)
- -- a small amount of black yarn or stranded embroidery cotton for the eye details
- -- a small quantity of stuffing material
- -- a 3.5mm crochet hook
- -- a yarn needle
- -- scissors
Little Conkers exists to help you get the most from your time and pennies - whether you're making something for yourself or as a gift - as a way of spreading the joy of creativity.
I know that, for many people, creativity is often fitted into the slivers of time that you can find between all the other "must dos" in your life. But you know that making something yourself means it can be exactly what you need, look exactly how you want and can give you untold pleasure day after day.
My sewing and crochet patterns are specifically designed with the time-strapped and frugal in mind, requiring no superfluous equipment and including practical suggestions on how to up-cycle materials wherever possible.
I am a real person, and always love to hear from my customers all around the world. All my patterns come with my full e-mail support, so do feel free to ask any questions you may have. Enjoy your creating!