Duclair is an oversized sweater, cosy and so light. The work begins at the lower edges that are made separately and joined together; or that are made together in the round. From there the work restarts in the round in one piece to the underarms. Then stitches are put on holders and the front and the back are knitted back and forth separately. Front and back are joined at the shoulders and the set-in sleeves are knitted in the round, from top to bottom. There are not any complicated stitches; it is an easy but effective knitting.
The pattern is accessible for beginner. Duclair is offered in six sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL. (see). It is a very oversized sweater (with 30-40 cm ease) that needs a soft yarn with a good drape. You may prefer to have less ease and choose a smaller size than yours. Just check the size table and choose the most appropriate size according to your yarn, your taste and your body.
Size S Your chest circumference: 81-86 cm Sweater circumference: 120 cm Size M Your chest circumference: 91-97 cm Sweater circumference: 131 Size L Your chest circumference: 102-107 cm Sweater circumference: 143 Size XL Your chest circumference:112-117 cm Sweater circumference: 153 cm Size 2XL Your chest circumference: 122-127 cm Sweater circumference: 163 cm Size 3XL Your chest circumference: 132-137 cm Sweater circumference: 173 cm
Yardage Rowan, Kid classic (70% Lambswool, 22% Mohair, 8% Polyamide, 1.76 oz 50g, 153 yards 140 m), colour 871, canard: 8 (9, 9, 10, 11, 12) balls.
Gauge 4” x 4” 10 cm X 10 cm, in stockinette stitch, washed and blocked: 19 sts and 24 rows.
- Written instructions step by step
- Imperial and metric measurements
- Six size from S to 3XL
- Suitable to advanced beginners
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn Rowan, Kid classic (70% Lambswool, 22% Mohair, 8% Polyamide, 1.76 oz [50g], 153 yards [140 m]), colour 871, canard 8 (9, 9, 10, 11, 12) balls.
- 1 pair of straight needles or a circular US 9 (5.5 mm).
- 1 circular needle US 9 (5.5 mm), 32” (80 cm) (or size to obtain gauge).
- Stitch markers.
- Scrap yarn or 4 stitches holders (2 small ones).
- 1 tapestry needle.