Dulcie is a Hat that has received so many compliments from knitters all over the world. "versatile" and "flattering" are two words I hear again and again!
Dulcie is worked flat with short-row shaping. The reverse-stocking stitch is perfect for showcasing handdyed or handspun yarns, and the rolled brim gives Dulcie a very relaxed, chilled look. Note that I strongly recommend checking your row gauge before starting.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, short rows (w&t), provisional cast-on, Kitchener stitch
Gauge: 20 sts x 24 rows to 4in/10cm on 4mm needles over St.St.
Note: This Hat was designed as a one skein project when the recommended yarn came in larger skeins; you will need approximately 100-125g of heavy DK or Worsted weight yarn Fit is determined by row gauge – if your gauge differs, simply work more or fewer panels to achieve the desired size.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 18 (20, 22) in/45.75 (50.75, 56) cm (Finished size 16 (18, 20) in/40.75 (45.75, 50.75) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Provisional Cast-on & Kitchener Stitch
Materials you need at home:
- 186 (215, 242) yd/170 (197, 221) m worsted weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in Cherry Tree Hill Potluck Worsted (270yd/247m per 100g; 100% Wool))
- 30yd/27m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Pair 4mm/UK8/US6 straight needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- 3.75mm crochet hook
- Approx. 3yd/3m waste yarn
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.