Easy Crochet Pocket Shawl (Easy Pleases-Me Pocket Shawl)
This is an EASY crochet pattern for a beautiful and practical pocket shawl.
This pattern contains LOTS of how to photos.
This pocket shawl is made using double crochet stitches and chain spaces in various combinations of back loops and both loops. Pockets are attached using back stitch - explained in detail.
Width: 18”; Length: 56”
This pattern is written for one size fits many, but guidelines are given to adjust the size (which can be done easily).
- Detailed written instructions - standard US English crochet terminology
- Numerous how-to-photos
- Suitable for a CONFIDENT BEGINNER
Materials you need at home:
- 20 oz / 1,000 yds worsted weight (medium weight 4) yarn (I used 4 skeins Lion Brand Heartland, color: ROCKY MOUNTAINS);
- Size US J-10 (6.00 mm) crochet hook – or hook size needed to obtain gauge;
- Size 7.00 mm crochet hook – or hook one size larger than hook size needed to obtain gauge. This hook is used for the base chains only;
- 6" x 4" piece of cardboard (for optional tassels);
- Safety pins;
- Yarn needle.
Sonja Hood (KnotYourselfOut)
I absolutely love to crochet! My mother taught me how when I was five years old, and it occupied a lot of my childhood.
It was during my time living in Bulgaria, as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer, that I first began to dream about writing and publishing my own crochet patterns.
As the years passed, work became my main focus, but I continued to dream about becoming a crochet designer and I collected inspiration from the many different places I was working in and traveling to: Bulgaria, Boston, Germany, Canada, Ireland (to name a few).
It was the birth of my son, ultimately, that finally gave me the opportunity to realize my dream. When my son was a baby, I wrote and published two crochet books (Painted Jute Rugs, Annie’s Attic, 2010 & Elegant Beaded Bags, Leisure Arts, 2013).
When my son began school my focus shifted to selling patterns online. I have been having the absolute time of my life -- crocheting, imagining crochet, writing about crochet, and engaging with many amazing crochet-lovers in online communities!
Home is now Toronto in Canada.
Thanks for reading my profile. I hope you will find a design in my shop that inspires you (the way it did me) to stitch up something beautiful.
Sonja Hood (Crochet Designer & Author)