Sensuous curves like a mermaid’s tail create a highly wearable shawl. Special instructions for customizing the length of the shawl to use a whole skein of that special yarn are included.
Skills required: a variety of decreases, yarnovers, slip first and last stitch, working lace from a chart (written instructions may be requested)
Laceweight: appox 70” (178 cm) wingspan x 17 1⁄2” (44.5 cm) depth
Fingering: approx 74” (188 cm) wingspan x 19” (48.5 cm) depth
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- 2 sizes 70 (74)” / 178 (188) cm wingspan
- Intermediate skill level
Materials you need at home:
- Approximately 440-495 yds (400-450 m) laceweight yarn or 500-550 yds (450-500 m) fingering weight yarn
- 3.75 mm (US 5) needles for laceweight
- 4.5 mm (US 7) needles for ngering weight
- stitch markers (optional)
- digital scale (optional; to alter size)
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.