- Instructions for making the two chicks (the plain yellow chick in a hat, and the yellow and white chick, plus the instructions to knit the striped hat).
- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place and photos
- a list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- a materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
EGGY CHICKS TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
These two little chicks are egg shaped, would make a lovely Easter gift if you are looking for a handmade alternative to chocolate.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. The yellow and white chick knitting pattern incorporates fair-isle (or stranded) colour-work, and the pattern includes written instructions and a chart for the simple colour pattern.
FINISHED SIZE: The little chicks are approximately 8.5cm tall (not including the hat).