Introducing my Eggy Chicks. With this knitting pattern you can make the two chicks; the plain yellow chick in a hat, and the yellow and white chick, plus the instructions to knit the striped hat. The chicks are 8.5 cm tall without their hats. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The yellow and white chick knitting pattern incorporates fair-isle (or stranded) colour-work. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the two chicks.
- Measurements are in metric.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Toy safety eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.