Knitting pattern for a cute Elephant Outfit for babies and toddlers aged birth to 18 months.
Knitted in double knitting yarn. There are large coloured charts to follow for knitting the elephants.
Any Double Knitting Yarn (8 ply) can be used as long as it matches the tension 22 stitches and 28 rows to 10 cm (4 in) over stocking stitch on 4 mm needles
Suggested Yarns (quantities depend on age knitted)
Trousers and Elephants 1-2 balls Stylecraft Special DK (100 gram ball) Turquoise (1068)
Edging for Jacket and Hat 1 - ball Sylecraft Special DK (100 gram ball) Cloud Blue (1019)
Main colour for Jacket and Hat 1-2 balls Sylecraft Special DK (100 gram ball) White (1001)
The pattern covers the sizes: 0-3 months 3-6 months 6-12 months 12-18 months
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Size birth to 18 months
- Suitable for Intermediate knitters
Materials you need at home:
- 1-2 balls Stylecraft Special DK (100 gram ball) , Turquoise (1068)
- 1-2 balls Sylecraft Special DK (100 gram ball) , White (1001)
- 1 - ball Sylecraft Special DK (100 gram ball) , Cloud Blue (1019)
- 1 pair 4 mm (U8 - USA6) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 3¼ mm (UK10 - USA3)
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.