Introducing my Elephant Cushion knitting pattern. The elephant is 28 cm wide and 23 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The tail is i-cord worked on two double pointed needles (DPNs). This pattern incorporates a provisional cast on and kitchener stitch grafting. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the cushion.
- Measurements are in metric.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4.5mm knitting needles (US 7)
- Aran yarn (worsted weight) in grey (150g)
- Buttons and white felt fabric for eyes
- Toy filling
- Two 4.5mm DPNs (US 7)
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.