Who could resist a cuddle with this elephant cushion? This elephant is worked in stockinette, and the pattern incorporates a provisional cast on and kitchener stitch grafting. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the elephant is knitted in aran weight alpaca/wool blend yarns. The cushion is worked flat on single pointed needles (not in the round), and the tail is an i-cord tube worked on two DPNs. For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on, casting off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the cushion.
- Measurements are in metric.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- One size only - 28cm wide x 23cm tall
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4.5mm knitting needles (US 7)
- Aran yarn (worsted weight) in grey (150g)
- Buttons and white felt fabric for eyes
- Toy filling
- Two 4.5mm DPNs (US 7)
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.