Elfdans pointed beanie hat - knitting pattern
Offset circles adorn this playful design. With a folded brim for warmth and comfort, this Hat is a perfect topper for all ages.
4 sizes are included, covering babies through to adults. Pattern is worked in the round and bottom up.
Skills required: Knit & purl stitches, knitting in the round, stranded knitting, provisional cast-on, joining live sts, 3-needle bind-off
Gauge: 26 sts x 40 rows to 4in/10cm on 2.75mm needles over St.St. 30 sts x 38 rows to 4in/10cm on 3mm needles over Stranded pattern
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 16 (18, 21, 23) in/ 40.75 (45.75, 53.25, 58.5) cm (Finished size 15 (17.25, 19.5, 21.5) in/ 38 (43.75, 49.5, 54.5) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Provisional cast-on, Joining Live Stitches, Stranded Knitting & 3-needle Bind-off
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn A 78 (103, 134, 169) yd/71 (95, 123, 154) m fingering/4ply/light Sports weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in Rowan Fine Tweed (98yd/90m per 25g; 100% Wool))
- Yarn B 69 (91, 119, 149) yd/63 (84, 109, 136) m
- 48yd/44m for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- 2.75mm/UK12/US2 & 3mm/UK11/US2½ , DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- 2.75mm crochet hook
- 3yd/3m waste yarn
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.